Map of MPR


Parks/Tennis Courts

Pools/Rec Centers

What's New


Approved Paint Colors

To see a list of Approved Paint Colors CLICK HERE

To see actual colors, please stop by the office.
Office hours are 7am to 4pm, Monday through Friday.
15425 S. 40th Place #4.

In an effort to assist Mountain Park Ranch HOA (MPRHOA) Members with paint colors, Dunn Edwards Paint Company has set up an approved MPRHOA paint color list, which can be viewed via the internet.  This list of paint colors and schemes can be accessed by clicking on the link below.   Once the link is accessed, type in Phoenix , AZ where indicated, and click “submit”.  There will be a drop down menu under the submit button and click on the “select an association arrow” and click “Mountain Park Ranch”.   Please note paint colors and schemes vary in color on individual computer screens, and we recommend and encourage you visit the MPRHOA office or a Dunn Edwards store to see actual colors, prior to picking only from the website.  The HOA Office has paint boards and paint books you can check out and take home, and the Dunn Edwards store has MPRHOA approved color list samples for you to view in their store.  MPRHOA takes no responsibility how your paint color choices will turn out on your paint project.  We recommend and encourage you to visit the HOA Office or Dunn Edwards store prior to painting to make certain the colors you view on their website are in agreement with the actual paint samples Dunn Edwards has in their store, and has supplied the HOA Office.


PLEASE NOTE: On the Color Archive webpage enter 'Phoenix, AZ' or '85044' to view the Mountain Park Ranch color palette. If 85048 is entered as a zip code, Mountain Park Ranch will not appear in the drop down menu.


Rules For Community Living

For additional information regarding rules and regulations and to answer more of your questions, please click here to see “RULES FOR COMMUNITY LIVING.” (507 KB PDF)


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Regarding Mountain Park Ranch HOA:

Table of Contents

  1. Who Maintains the Common Areas
  2. Keys for Recreation Centers
  3. Electronic Keys
  4. Paint Colors
  5. Garbage Cans
  6. Building Permits
  7. Backwashing Pools
  8. Sheds
  9. Exterior Changes
  10. Play Equipment
  11. Gazebos, Play Structures
  12. Pools & Spas Temperatures
  13. Add a Patio or Room
  14. Paint Color on Walls
  15. Architectural Review Committee
  16. Walls the Association Maintains
  17. Reserving the Pools or Recreation Centers
  18. Speeding Cars
  19. Painting Your House
  20. Trash Pickup
  21. Street Parking
  22. Barking Dogs
  23. What Color is my House Painted?
  24. Paint Colors Available
  25. Late Fee Charges
  26. Double Gates
  27. Apartment Owners
  28. Tennis Courts
  29. Assessments
  30. Property Setbacks
  31. Pony Walls
  32. Political Signs




    Q: Common walk wash areas in MPRHOA are maintained by whom? The City of Phoenix or Mountain Park Ranch?

    A: In most of the common areas, comprising more than 6 miles of walk & wash areas, they have, since MPRHOA's inception in 1984, been maintained by the city from 'wall to wall'. Some areas, noticeably better maintained, are cared for by the HOA.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q: Electronic keys for the MPRHOA swimming pool areas - also known as FOB pool key - how does that work? And what about tennis court keys?

    A: The ekeys, or FOBs, greatly minimize unauthorized use of our 3 Recreation Center pools by non-members. The tennis courts are - for now - still a special issue metal key, so request one from the office. No additional (2nd) FOB key will be issued to any member, so take good care of the one you get, otherwise you must pay for the next one, and the first will be deactivated.

    Please note: At the May 25th, 2004 Open Board Meeting, M. Opich made a motion to authorize the Executive Director to select a company to install an electronic key system at the three recreation centers with the limit of one electronic key per family. Seconded by L. Paffenbarger, motion passed 4-0.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q: How do I get an electronic pool key? It was lost, I never got one, I have an old key that won't fit or what if I'm moving within MPR...

    A: Keys are transferred from buyer to seller at the time the property is sold. Pools require an electronic fob for access. The tennis court key is brass. Lost or replacement keys can be purchased at the business office for $25 each, cash or check. Please bring your driver's license and a utility bill with your name and property address on it.

    Please note: At the May 25th, 2004 Open Board Meeting, M. Opich made a motion to authorize the Executive Director to select a company to install an electronic key system at the three recreation centers with the limit of one electronic key per family. Seconded by L. Paffenbarger, motion passed 4-0.

    Back toTable of Contents


    Q: Must I use Dunn Edwards paint colors when I choose to repaint my home? And what about the Architectural Review Committee or office policy on painting my house?

    A: No, you don't have to use Dunn Edwards paint. Contact the office at (480)704-5000, come see the updated Dunn Edwards colors, and you can pick from Home Depot and other sources, too, as long as the color matches the one approved by the Association. Remember to get your paint color approved BEFORE you paint.

    Back toTable of Contents


    Q. Damaged garbage containers are replaced by the city, but it takes 5 to 7 days for them to do the exchange. How do I avoid getting a letter?

    A. When you know the dates your container will be left out in the street, simply call the Association Business Office and give the information and your name and address to be placed on a ‘Watch List'. Call during business hours or leave your message on the recording. It is advised to leave a visible note on the trash can indicating it is there for city pickup.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. If I have a building permit from the City do I still have to have approval from the Architectural Committee?

    A. Yes! A building permit only meets the City Building Code; it may not meet the requirements of the Association.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Can I backwash my pool into the Street or through the fence into the Common Area?

    A. NO. City of Phoenix Ordinance Section 23-33 and Section 31-8 , requires that backwash water be kept on the owner's lot. It may be drained into the city sewer by use of the cleanout valve located in the front yard of each home. The Rules of the Association prohibit draining water into the Common Area and inspections are made routinely for evidence that it is being done.

    Back to Table of Contents

  8. SHEDS

    Q. Can I build a shed in my back or side yard?

    A. Yes, but it cannot be above the fence line. Metal or other backyard storage sheds detached from the house are allowed when they are no higher than the homes surrounding block wall and limited to 100 sq. feet in area. Such a shed needs no Architectural approval because they are below party walls.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Can I get approval over the phone for a minor change or addition?

    A. No. Oral approval is never given for any change. All approvals must be in writing. Staff members will not give oral approval for any change or alteration.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Do I need approval to put up play equipment?

    A. Yes! When any change is made that can be seen from a neighboring property, Architectural approval is required. Play equipment must be located in the rear yard. Please reference the web site under Rules and Regulations and click on “Rules for Community Living” for more details.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. How high can my Gazebo, Playhouse, and/or Play Structure be?

    A. Any of the above structures are required to be set back five (5) feet from any property line or perimeter party wall. Maximum height on a Gazebo and/or Ramada is ten (10) feet with a peak roof and eight (8) feet with a flat roof. A Playhouse/Play Structure can be no more than ten (10) feet high and platforms or flat standing surfaces can be no higher than four (4) feet above the natural grade of the lot. Please reference the web site under Rules and Regulations and click on “Rules for Community Living” for more details.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. How hot is the water in the Association Pool and Spa?

    A. There is one heated pool, which is at Rec. Center #1, 15216 Ranch Circle South. The temperature is set for automatic heating at around 84 degrees.

    The pools at 3939 Ranch Circle North and 2578 Thunderhill Place are not heated.

    The Spas at all three locations are heated and set around 102-105 degrees.

  13. Back to Table of Contents


    Q. If I want to add a room or patio to my house, do I have to have approval from the Association?

    A. Yes! Failure to do so, before you start the project could prove to be costly in terms of time and money.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. What color is the paint on the public walls?

    A. The color is a Dunn Edwards color called Stonish Beige. If purchased from Frazee Paint it is called De Stonish Beige. The stock number is # 1030401C-6582.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. What rules or standards are used by the Architectural Review Committee when approving or denying an application?

    A. The Committee will use the CC&R's, Rules for Community Living, Architectural Review Guidelines, compatibility with surrounding area, visual impact, skill and workmanship, building materials, and harmonious with neighboring properties. Additional information is available to you on this Web Site under “Rules for Community Living”.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Will the Association paint the inside of my walls as well as the outside?

    A. The Association has assumed the responsibility of painting the exterior walls only where the Association owns the property adjacent or bordering the Wall or Fence. The inside of walls and fences is fully the responsibility of the homeowner.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Can I rent or reserve the pool, tennis courts or recreation centers for a party?

    A. Below is helpful information for your planning.

    • The pools, tennis courts and/or recreation centers are not for rent and only available to Mountain Park Ranch HOA Members.
    • There is a guest limit of 4 persons per household for Pools and 3 persons per household for Tennis Courts.
    • There is a guest limit of 30 people on the lawn area only. There are no reservations taken, although we do ask Members to register their party with the Office (480-704-5000). Space is on a first come, first served basis. If a Member comes in and is already using a spot your party had wanted to use, the first one there gets the space. We do not "hold" space for anyone. If this occurs, you can always utilize one of the other Recreation Centers.

    • Our Maintenance Staff will have extra garbage bags out when there is a party.
    • We try our best to have all sprinklers off for parties.
    • From late September through the beginning of November each year the Recreation Centers may not be available due to overseeding the lawns.
    • If you are bringing in bouncy children's play equipment or similar equipment, or have anyone in attendance that is receiving funds for their service, or is there to perform any type of service for your event, MPRHOA requires the person(s) and/or contractor(s) to submit to the association office proof of liability insurance including workers compensation in the minimum amount of $1,000.000.00 insurance coverage, naming MPRHOA as an additional insured.   The association does not have any electrical or water hookups that can be used, so you must bring your own power.  
    • We will make note of your party plans with name, phone number, date, time and number of people in attendance. We provide this information each week to our Maintenance Staff for trash bags and our landscapers for sprinkler issues.
    • Parties are limited to 3 hours if others are waiting.
    • Grills are OK.

    • Alcohol is prohibited in any common area of Mountain Park Ranch.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Can the Association do anything about speeding cars?

    A. No. The City Streets are not a part of the Association and are outside of our control.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Do I need to submit an Architectural Review form if I'm painting my house the same color?

    A. Yes! The form and approval is required on all outside work or change to your property.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. How soon before Trash-Pickup can I set out my container?

    A. 6:00pm the day before is the normal time for setout and the container should be taken in by 6am the day after pickup.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. My neighbor keeps parking in front of my house. Can the Association have it stopped?

    A. No. the Association has little or no authority over activity on a city street. If the vehicle is legally parked the Police can't do anything either.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. What can the Association do about barking dogs?

    A. The CC&R's, Art. IV, Sec 2. b. mentions animals and is primarily directed to ‘a reasonable number' and for domestic purposes. A single sentence mentions nuisance or unreasonable noise. In the case of dogs, the Association's position has been to inform by mail and seek the cooperation of the dog owner. But, if that fails it is up to the complainant to take whatever legal action is necessary to bring relief. It would be the same as a noise complaint about a loud party, music, or engine noise. The Association will assist where possible but the proof and evidence of the case is the responsibility of the complainant.

    Click here for a pdf version of the Barking Dog Complaint Form

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. What color is my house painted?

    A. A complete record of all house colors is not available but some information can be searched out in old paint lists used by developers. The original paint colors were updated several years ago and new colors introduced to keep pace with changing trends. Some early colors have a very ‘dated' look and gone out of fashion or are no longer made but can be matched by most paint stores. The business office has a list of most of the original builders colors but acknowledges that some exceptions may exist. The old colors are slowly being phased out of use with the updated list. The Association Office has all approved colors for you to look at.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. What paint colors are available?

    A. The Association maintains color boards and paint color books with the approved colors for the body of the house and the trim for the entire Association. The selection must be made from this list of colors. Architectural Review Forms must be completed and approved by the Office prior to painting.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Why am I being charged a late fee?

    A. Payments are due the first day of January and July. A late fee is charged 31 days later if the Assessment has not been received in the office. Few exceptions to this policy have ever been given by the Board. A claim of not receiving a bill or notice by mail is not a sufficient reason to have the charge waived. Additional charges accrue if any type of collection effort is started.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Why can't I park in front of my double gate?

    A. You can if it's a part of your driveway and has a paved surface.
    The main purpose of a double gate is for access to the rear yard. Installing a gate cannot be a maneuver to increase front yard parking. In most cases driveways are limited to a width of 27 feet or no more then 1/3 of the yard frontage. With or without the gate, parking off a paved surface in the front is not permitted.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Why do the Apartment Owners have so many votes?

    A. Each owner of an Apartment, Single Family Home or Acre of Commercial Land has one vote. If you own multiples of any of the above types you pay an equal assessment rate and have an equal number of votes. In the case of the Apartments there are four (4) complexes in MPRHOA that total 1096 Units. The various corporations that own the complexes hold the votes and pay assessments equal to the units owned. It should be noted they do not always vote as a block.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. The tennis courts are locked. Why doesn't my pool key work, do you charge me, how do the tennis court lights work, what hours are the tennis courts open, where do I get a key?

    A. You need to get a new key, first time at no charge, from the MPR offices, located at 15425 S 40th Place, Suite 4, just east of Mountain Sky Avenue, behind the fire station. The lights are on timers and take a few minutes to turn on. They turn off automatically. The hours are posted at the courts; the lights usually go off around 10 p.m.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. When are dues paid and what is the HOA fee, semiannual monthly or what, and how much is the assessment?

    A. Dues are paid semiannually in January and then again in July and are $150 for 2010. If you have a financial hardship you may work out, on an individual case basis, a payment arrangement with the office for a slight additional cost. Contact Nancy Klinger at 480-704-5000, MPRHOA's controller with questions.

    Back to Table of Contents



    Q. What are my property setback requirements if I want to add to my existing structure?

    A. The minimum City of Phoenix set back guidelines for any lot in MPR is 35 feet. This is a combination of front and back yard. This setback requirement will be taken into consideration when ARC is approving an addition to an existing structure in the future.

    For an open patio structure, the set back is different. Again, every lot is different. A patio cover may extend out 10 feet from the house, unless there is an easement on a particular lot, then it may be less.

    Easements may exist in certain subdivisions and on certain lots.

    Perimeter lots may have different requirements than interior lots.

    Homeowners are requested to supply this information to the ARC when requesting approval for an home addition or patio cover, as well as provide a City building permit (our guidelines already call for a City permit prior to approval and the ARC request form has been amended to reflect this policy). The ARC will not approve requests that do not include a permit (if one is required).

    The lot % coverage is 40% maximum for structures and 45% including shade structures.

    The above information was obtained and follows the requirements established from the City of Phoenix Planning and Zoning Department, and adopted at the August 8, 2006 ARC meeting.

    If you have any questions on the aforementioned, please contact the Association office or submit your request on the website by clicking Contact Us.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. I want to install a pony wall in my front yard, what are the restrictions?

    A. Pony walls cannot be any higher than 36 inches, including the top cap and preferred to be stuccoed and painted to match house color.

    Back to Table of Contents


    Q. Are political signs allowed on common areas?

    A. All signs including political signs, real estate signs, etc., are not permitted on Mountain Park Ranch HOA common areas. If you are unsure of the MPR HOA boundaries or where the common areas are located, please contact the Association office at 480-704-5000.

    Back to Table of Content